• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

AS5 Set Time

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Shuzzy

Hey guys...
Could u give me some of your experiences with temp drops during the "set time" for as5.

I just lapped my hsf and reapplied as5. My temps are the same as before but i seem to recall my temps droping 3-4 degrees during my last as5 set period, so im hoping to gain about 2-3 degrees from the lapping.

Any thoughts or experiences would be great. :eh?:

i saw someone say 1-2 weeks. the articsilver website said 200 hours. at 24 hours a day this would take about 8 days or so.

The O.C said:
i saw someone say 1-2 weeks. the articsilver website said 200 hours. at 24 hours a day this would take about 8 days or so.

It also says that you should power down for 8 hours a day and leave it running the other 16 hours. Its the change in temps that helps it set, not just the amount of time its running.

it's already making a difference, it's only been 1 day. looks like my lapping is going to be succesful.:)

AS needs a few "heat-cycles" to set in properly. So, running the comp 200 hours non-stop won't do the trick.
Some reviewers prime for half and hour, and let it cool (shut down) and prime again, for a few cycles thus.

Back