• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Does suspend and other power saving settings affect seti times

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Overload

what power settings do most of you use? do you just leave everything on? is seti affected when comp goes into suspend mode? anyway just wondering, i have mine set to suspend now.

I leave everything on. I used to have my HD set to shutdown after two hours...it took me days to figure out why SETI would quit crunching overnight. LOL

I have removed all the power saving features from my systems. Obviously you don't want the hard drive turning off, and Seti certainly won't be running while the computer is in suspend mode.

My only powersave feature is my pointer finger! Every night, I turn off the monitor, but that's it.

My Finger Saves Power!! LOL!
JigPu

thats strange mine is set to suspend and i think the HD even turns off. but i can leave seti on all night and when i wake up it has finished several WU's.

Just a quick note... think it was Dave who noticed a nice increase in his WU times by "disabling" PM, rather than setting each of the features to "off"... this was in BOIS PM I believe...

Good luck!!

I have disabled all features related to hibernate or sleep or doze mode. I think it affects times greatly and I see everyone basically follows suit.

Maestro

Back