• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Read stickies and more, now need some help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

WhatTheSchmidt

I need water cooling for my mobile amd 64 3200+, and my 9800 pro.
From what I heard, it would be best to just use the heatsink with fan for the mobo chip right? Hosing will be 1/2"ID.

Sounds like a White Water is the cpu block to get? I just don't like how you have to merge 2 hoses back to one out of it though...Since I have a mobile is there a certain block that would do better? how would I have to mount it?

Pump: Swiftech mcp600? I like how it has a molex connector...But maybe I should get an eheim 1250? What pump would best suit this system?

GPU block: maze 4 right?

Tubing: Tygon or clearflex??

Finally, what heatercore or radiator should I get that has good performance that WILL fit IN my case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-144&depa=0
I was sorta hoping I could fit it up top? I could make a fan fit up there...not sure if there's enough room..I dunno what to do about this...

thx

btw, I'm looking for performance mainly...I'm gonna make it look clean and organized hopefully.

Danger Den RBX for A64
Danger Den Maze4 for ATI GPU
Hydor L40 740GPH Pump or Mag 3 or 5 or 7
Danger Den's Double HeaterCore w/ Shroud
2 x 120mm Sunon Fans 100+ CFM
Bay Res or "T" line
1/2" ID Tygon Tubing
11/16" - 1 1/4" Hose Clamps - http://www.plumbingworld.com/clamps.html
5/8 to 1/2 Adaptor for Hydor L40 Pump
"Y" connector 1/2 fittings
AS5
Zerex Coolant

this setup will get you to ALOT of places :)

WhatTheSchmidt said:
I need water cooling for my mobile amd 64 3200+, and my 9800 pro.
From what I heard, it would be best to just use the heatsink with fan for the mobo chip right? Hosing will be 1/2"ID.

Sounds like a White Water is the cpu block to get? I just don't like how you have to merge 2 hoses back to one out of it though...Since I have a mobile is there a certain block that would do better? how would I have to mount it?

Pump: Swiftech mcp600? I like how it has a molex connector...But maybe I should get an eheim 1250? What pump would best suit this system?

GPU block: maze 4 right?

Tubing: Tygon or clearflex??

Finally, what heatercore or radiator should I get that has good performance that WILL fit IN my case: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=11-129-144&depa=0
I was sorta hoping I could fit it up top? I could make a fan fit up there...not sure if there's enough room..I dunno what to do about this...

thx

white water is as good as RBX...the cascade by cathar is best....Tygon is better heres why http://www.wc101.com/reviews/tygon/ ......Your good with Danger Den's Double Heatercore w/ shroud...and to answer you question about how to merge the two hoses is you use a "Y" connector and that's it

thx for the help ill have to check it all out probably friday cause tomorrow is graduation :)

I didn't ask how, i said i didn't like the idea, doesn't that hurt the flow a bit? eh

I'll be using T-line..however that exactly works

Well the TDX is RBX's brother so they perform the same so if you still feel uncomfortable with doing a "Y" connection then go with the TDX...and another way is if you want the RBX and dont wanna do the the "Y" connection just use a Res with 2 entry's and 1 exit

Schmidt, if this is your first watercooling system, stick with an MCP600. The flowrates that the Swiftech pump will give you are more than adequate for the kind of cooling loop you have in mind. A monster pump like the L40, Mag5, or Mag7 is more than you need and also creates far more noise than the essentially silent MCP600. I'd also go for quieter fans, like aluminum Evercools or Enermaxes. One of the best reasons to switch to water is reduced noise, but using those Sunon monsters that Sophisticated suggested definitely defeats the purpose. I'd go with either a TDX or a Swiftech MCW6002. Both these blocks have one inlet and one outlet, which cleans up your plumbing significantly. The Swifty block is nice in that it gives essentially equal performance to the WW, TDX, and RBX, but it's noticeably cheaper. Finally, you really don't need a double radiator or heater core with a standard CPU and GPU loop. Double rads are really only necessary for double-cpu or extremely high overclock applications. For your case, I'd suggest a heater core from dangerden or a BIX if you want to be fancy. Just remember: don't buy equipment that you won't need just because it's supposed to be the best. Buy what will fit your system best.

so why not get the things i suggested so he will be ready for the future and mayb he does want to overclock ...he said he wants the best performance so i gave it to him and those 120mm i recommended arent even that loud..oh and nocturnX the only reason i know they fit the tubing is because on Danger Den they have some plastic clamps and they list the same sizes i did and they also said this size is for 1/2" hoses..here check it out...http://www.dangerden.com/mall/Misc_Hardware/tubing_clamp.asp ...but if it makes you feel better i'll suggest these instead 1/2" - 29/32" - http://www.plumbingworld.com/clamps.html

Just going by my personal experience. When I was first putting together my system I was in the mindset of "More CFM good...noise not matter," and I ended up getting a pair of Sunons just like you recommended. When I finally turned on my system for the first time, I was appalled. The first thing I did on my newly built computer was go online and order a pair of Evercools. But then again, maybe I'm just one of those crazy people who likes to listen to music on my computer. :cool:

Just kidding. But seriously, if this is going to be your only computer, I'd definitely take noise into consideration. Then again, if you've got another computer you spend most of your time on and this is just going to be a gaming rig, then go for it. You might squeeze out another 100 or 200 MHz.

A-Speck said:
Just going by my personal experience. When I was first putting together my system I was in the mindset of "More CFM good...noise not matter," and I ended up getting a pair of Sunons just like you recommended. When I finally turned on my system for the first time, I was appalled. The first thing I did on my newly built computer was go online and order a pair of Evercools. But then again, maybe I'm just one of those crazy people who likes to listen to music on my computer. :cool:

Just kidding. But seriously, if this is going to be your only computer, I'd definitely take noise into consideration. Then again, if you've got another computer you spend most of your time on and this is just going to be a gaming rig, then go for it. You might squeeze out another 100 or 200 MHz.

a fan controller (sunbeam rheobus gets my vote) is a very good way to get the best of both worlds ...

Back