• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

This is really dumb!!!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

overdoze

arm with the experience of installing hundreds of computer without ever burn a cpu.... :eek:

Well guess what I have done it today. Got a new set of parts to build another computer today. I slap cpu, memory in to test the new parts. Power it up and within 30 seconds I smell that buring smell. Power off imediately only to find out there is a gap of about 1/8 of an inch between the cpu and my heatsink. For some dumb reason the heatsink clip in fine but got caught on the corner of the socket and never made any contact with the cpu..... You learn everyday even with the most comon and easy task... ;)

The bad news is the XP1600 cpu is fried.... :(

The good news is I get to replace it with another M barton

So trading a 500PPW for a 800PPW is not a bad thing. The only problem is I have to shell out another $77 bucks...

matrixzen said:
Was this a fold box? I'm trying to understand the connectoin with folding. :eh?:

Of course it is. See the 500PPW(points per week) vs. 800PPW at the bottom of my post.

wow!!! my $84 refurbish XP2600 M can do 2.5G at 1.65V :D hehe pay back time for that burnt XP1600

Back