• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Odd, AS3 vs AS5 And guess what...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

-=Mr_B=-

I got 3-4 c lower temp straight after application of the AS3 then i had anytime during atleast 6 months with AS5... And that keeping inmind that abient has raised atleast 2-3 c over the same period aswell so... ?

I guess the cooler is better seated this time, but i dont know, and it sure sounds / feels odd, since i did the exact same way... Anyway, im going to leave AS3 in ther efor a month or so, and then replace it with AS5 again...

(It was actually by mistake i put AS3 in, just grabbed the wrong tube)
B!

Not much to keep informed about.. i had at best, 47c as cpu temp, with fans blowing full head.. With fans turned down to "livable noise" level i have 43c, about 24 hours after application. i have yet to do a full speed test, and yet havent done a full load test but since i did exacly like the book (ok, online site, not book, but same thing) i did pretty much the same thing everytime.. and AS is so "soft" that it pretty much gets squezed out no mater how much you apply when using a SP-94 (or any other in the same family) I'll probobly be trying full load temps and "stuff" after my little tripp this weekend, givin' it almost a week to settle in.

B!

I never knew that AS 3 required a settling period like AS 5 or AS Ceramique...AS 3 was before my time as an OC'er..:burn: Let her buck, "B" no need to wait...kick the gate open..;)

Back