• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

1 gig ayhja, I hit the max

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xhades

Registered
I got my 1 gig up to 12.5x117 thats the highest that it will go, the first thing i did was test and see what the highest fsb i could get was, it was 117, and to my surprise it booted all the way up to 12.5x117, no i wish I had a different board other then the kt7.
voltage at 1.8, idle 42c, load 48c

that is quite an accomplishment man cause with that chipset most don break 110 or 112 and especially at th e multiplier what do u use for cooling that chip might hit 1.6 with a better chipset?

I am suprised that chipset won't do over 117fsb. I am a big fan of overclocking my multiplier, but I like above 133mhz fsb.

I have the thermosonic thermoengine, modded with one of those big *** 80mm fans, it also has a small desktop fan that blows into the case, if i take the desktop fan away my load goes up to about 51 - 52 c, so that sucker helps alot. I wonder why people bash the thermoengine is a very decent cooler.

Yeah, I wish I could go over 133 fsb, instead I have to up the clock multiplier, but oh well. I plan on grabbin the KG7

http://www.geocities.com/xhades/Image2.gif

Last edited:
If you are interested in higher FSB settings, I could recommend the Epox 8K7A. With a low cpu multiplier the highest FSB I've been able to get on it is 166...:eek:

I've seen some other posts from people indicating even higher FSB's. Of course you will have to spring for some new DDR RAM as well.... :cool:

xhades said:
I have the thermosonic thermoengine, modded with one of those big *** 80mm fans, it also has a small desktop fan that blows into the case, if i take the desktop fan away my load goes up to about 51 - 52 c, so that sucker helps alot. I wonder why people bash the thermoengine is a very decent cooler.

Yeah, I wish I could go over 133 fsb, instead I have to up the clock multiplier, but oh well. I plan on grabbin the KG7

http://www.geocities.com/xhades/Image2.gif

this guy knows wass up. thermoengine hsf is a great cooler. my 1.33 ayhja y (10x133fsb but havent had a chance to overclock yet) never gets above 110 in very hot wether under full load. it's an animal so don't let people tell you otherwise. They havnt seen the power of the thermo engine. gatta go with what works!:p

Back