• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cleaning off hs and cpu die

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Viper2004

Well i know i gotta use 90+% alcohol but what do i use to clean them with? I know it has to be lint free, i was told to use a tshirt but all of mine have little fuzz balls. Can i use paper towel? Can i use a napkin? Anyhow know of something i can use? Need help! :eek:

Use a soft lint free cloth or just make sure you clean all the lint off of it before you put it back together.

ill have to buy some alcohol

this arctic silver lady uses paper towels for wiping off the grease fromthe heatsink, i have those same towels!!

tint4.jpg

if you have those exact same towels ok, use em, but they musnt have lint!

if you want to be sure.. use something very old that has been washed a lot so it hasnt got any lint on it anymore, or just use a coffee filter :)

Viper2004 said:
I don't have a soft, lint-free cloth...
Everyone has a lint free cloth somewhere :) This may sound crazy but do you by chance have a baby bro or sis or even your own that is in diapers? When not in use :) they make great rags. Years ago where I used to work we got huge boxes of diaper liners that we used for rags. Kinda funny being an auto tech and using rags with little duckies and bunnies on them :) If I was still in that line of work I would get me one of those BIG boxes full of them.

Heh, no i dont have any lint free cloths O_O. What i do have is an old white shirt that was ripped in half and im gonna get it washed and take any lint thats on it off. One of my friend's told me to use a white tshirt so im gonna use this.

Back