• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

User account setup question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sirjinx1974

I have a freind that uses her puter for her home business and she has two kids which use her puter on a regular basis. My freinds kids always mess something up on the puter and change her settings causing her to call me for help. I try and do my best to help her, but I only can do so much. How do I det up her puter so she can have a different user for each of her kids and one account for her? I understand how to creat an account for the ADMIN and I know how to create an user account for each of her kids, but everytime I log into each of the kids account no drivers ar installed or no settings are usable. I want the kids to be able to use the drivers for all of the hardware and software in each account, but not be able to change the settings or delete anything from the puter. How do I st up each user to do that? Thank you.

I can not just use the drivers and the software from the ADMIN account for each of the kids account? I was trying to do it the easy way, but I guess not. Another question? How do I enable each kid to "only" surf the internet and not use anything else? I do not want them to be able to save, delete, or modify any files, settings or software that is on the puter while logged into their own personal account.

Mom= business=Admin= full control!
Kid1= internet only
Kid2= internet only
Win XP Pro
???????????????????????????????????????????

How do I enable each kid to "only" surf the internet and not use anything else?

Place a baseball bat next to the computer and tell them if they mess it up then they will be beaten with the bat :D You have to leave the bat in sight so they never forget ;)

Back