• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

The joys of summer.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

don256us

Uber Folding Senior
Still #7 in the world but making great headway against NVIDIA. 3.8 months to overtake them. As much as we are tanking, they tanked a bit worse. I appreciate that they are letting us stay competitive against them. No threats which is how we like it.

World top 100 for T32:
@HayesK #22
@WhitehawkEQ #30
@Holdolin #39
@HayesK #51
@dfonda #63
@torin3 #99

Top 200 round out: @P4EE, @orion456 , @Farwalker2u , @Macaholic, @superducky and @don256us . This is top 100/200 in the entire world. Huh? Not bad right?

We have a brand new folder with us this week. Please welcome @nullwerk. Thank you for joining the team. We added two active folders this week and are now fielding 54 active folders. That's great news. Average ppd for the team is 10.4 million.

Top 23 are earning 1 million ppd or more.
Top 11 are earning 10 million ppd or more.
Top 7 are earning 20 million ppd or more.
Top 5 are earning 30 millioin ppd or more.
Top 4 are earning 40 million ppd or more.
Top 3 are earning 50 million ppd or more.
Top 1 is earning more than 207 million! I do this every week and I'm still amazed at this level of production. Wow!

Individually, we have some folks doing very well.
@Grub has just earned 900 million. Getting close to that first billion.
@=XAF=AfterShock has just earned 700 million.
@Norcalsteve has just earned 600 million.
@KenSavage has just earned 200 million.
@Mike has just earned 200 million.
@Mindmatter has just earned their first 100 MILLION! WOOT!

@GlitchWitch has just earned 60 million.
@ZetaRevan has just earned their first 10 million! WOOT!

@Reconsnake has just earned their first 1 million! WOOT!

Great job guys. We appreciate you and wish you well in future points.

Personally, we had a big downpour last night and everything looked swell. Power went out. With my battery backups running, I was able to log into the electric company to report the issue. I then looked at the map and saw that our outage was for "Worker Safety". My best guess is that something was partially busted, they shut off power, fixed the issue and turned the power back on. Not a big deal but I doubt all of my stuff is back up to full speed. I'll check in on it more closely tonight after work.

I've seen news reports of bad weather and people not doing well where there was lots of damage. I hope that you are all safe, well, happy and actively folding. ;)

Until next week:
Build, Borg, Recruit.

I had my HVAC guy out yesterday. He added 5LBS of refrigerant fixed a leaking part and added die which will help identify any more leaking and also help seal it...

I'll probably keep the upstairs PC off (Well not off but not running fah ) for the summer , so I'll be down 25K or so.

The low refrigerant is also why my PECO bill has been too high. This past winter.

The RX 6800 XT is off because the air can't really keep up with the extra load in the house.
The GTX 970's are folding away in the basement though. :thup:

Sadly, AMD cards are not efficient for folding. You get some points, but Nvidia with the same wattage does 2-5 times more. Since some folders ask for that, then I made some quick tests for the recent RX 7900 GRE review, but 3.8M PPD at 250W+ is quite disappointing.
Now I'm going to check how RTX4070 works as an external graphics / TB3. I noticed there are a few TB4 eGPU enclosures/stands, but they cost a lot and I already have an older TB3 that I wasn't using much.

Now I'm going to check how RTX4070 works as an external graphics / TB3. I noticed there are a few TB4 eGPU enclosures/stands, but they cost a lot and I already have an older TB3 that I wasn't using much.

RTX4070/ TB3 connection has about 6.8M PPD after about 1h (I assume +/- 0.5M PPD). This is at 153W. This is about 30% worse than on the PCIe 4.0 x16.

Back