• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

question for someone who owns tt smart fan II

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

braze

Registered
Hey all,

I have read that this thing supposedly has a wire attached to a little dial that you can use to manually adjust the speed. I'm wondering if the wire is long enough that I could drill a hole in a 3.5 blank and mount it below my floppy drive? I need a single fan controller but they're just as expensive as this fan, so I figured I would just get the fan if the wire is long enough... I don't need a fancy controller that costs upwards of $20 since I just want to control one fan...

thanks

Can you solder at all? If you can or have access to a soldering set, all you have to do is add wire on if you need it to be longer... just wrap the joint in heatshrink or elec. tape and you're good to go.

ok - what kind of wire should I use? Is it something standard I could buy a few feet from at lowes or something? (not much of an electrician)

Just buy some wire that looks like about the same size as yours... your fan doesn't have that much voltage or current, so you won't melt the wire on anything. If you have any spare fans that you won't use, you can use the wire off of them to extend it.

Back