• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ceramique vs AS5

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dicecca112 said:
has anyone switched and found a difference, whether it be positive or negative?

Arctic Silver 5 is better by a small margin, but they both are excellent products. I've tried just about every thermal material sold in the USA (I have at least double the amount pictured in that link.

I just bought a tube of Céramique form SVC for $3.99(free firstclass shipping) to use on my NB. It does not conduct electricity so it is a safe alternative to the tube of AS5 that I already own.

I prefer AS5 over ceramique only because Arctic Silver sounds cooler.

Ok, fine, it cools a bit better, too :D

Alchemy1 said:
I just bought a tube of Céramique form SVC for $3.99(free firstclass shipping) to use on my NB. It does not conduct electricity so it is a safe alternative to the tube of AS5 that I already own.

actually, as5 is supposed to be non-conductive too.

Not Electrically Conductive:
Arctic Silver 5 was formulated to conduct heat, not electricity.
(While much safer than electrically conductive silver and copper greases, Arctic Silver 5 should be kept away from electrical traces, pins, and leads. While it is not electrically conductive, the compound is very slightly capacitive and could potentially cause problems if it bridges two close-proximity electrical paths.)

That is what I have been told. It is just easier for me to spend $4 to be safe. I am sorry I used the word conductive in my previous post...I meant to say capacitive.

I used ASC and ran out, and then got some AS5 to see how it was. Both are about the same, i can't say which is better.

Back