• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Goodeffort, your clock is ticking!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

I.M.O.G.

Glorious Leader
Well, it looks like you are on schedule to survive until next month right now... But I just added another borg yesterday, and there are still more to come. ;)

Better kick the tires and light the fires boys, BorgIncarnate has got his eyes on you. :D

Goodeffort is another person on our teams, IMOGs name is BorgIncarnate and hes saying Goodeffort better watch out because hes about to be caught.

I just overtook Goodeffort's 24hr production average today, so while we are still close I thought I would offer a little motivation for him to kick it up another notch.

Goodeffort and Scary_Penguin were the only ones out producing me that were anywhere close by - S_P is currently spanking my *** and calling me sally.

Goodeffort is actually more than one user though... I know it includes the member goodeffort and Karbon, and possibly others, dunno. Hopefully they will get out and borg some more and give me something else to chase. :D

I think they could probably give me a good fight... Of course, eventual defeat for goodeffort is inevitable. :beer:

Good lord.

784pp24hr!

Damn, looks like i'm going to have to take the gloves off.

A added a 1.3 celly and 2.8 HT rig, so that should give me 2-3 more days to ramp up production.

Got to head over to my dads offices and borg borg borg!

well we lost 2 borgs because one is a lame hillbilly and the other i dunno what happend but we got 10 dual 3.06GHz xeons on the way maybe one of them is already running 4 instances so were looking forward to the other 9 to run 4 instances...then we can see who is talking.

Me and goodeffort are the only members here that fold for the name "goodeffort". We have my 5 pcs folding, 2 of his, 10 people we play with in counter-strike a lot, and about 5 other friends of ours. We had 800+PPD going for a while but i think my hdd died on my p4 @ 3.5 HT, so our points are dropping a little. My pc alone was getting about 300 points a day :)

Somebody we;'ve been tlaking to was supposed to fold on his 10 dual HT xeons at work, but apparantly never did. we both have plans to borg our school computer labs next year, and maybe my dads office.

i also have access to 24 1Ghz macintosh's that im borging at school, i have to wait until school starts to finish them and also access to around 50 dells from 1-2Ghz in range.

goodeffort, what did you say to the tech people to convince them to allow you to borg the systems? mine are giving me a hard time.

i didnt say anything to the tech people about the dells in the BST rooms, but i askes my drafting/web design teacher if i could install it on the pc's we use and he said yes. now the dells are a different story.

Sweet goodeffort, if you can get those machines up that would really boost your production. You guys have done an impressive job considering you are getting all your friends of borged - sometimes they can be hard to convince.

I've got access to a few thousand PCs at work, ranging from 1.4Ghz to 2.66Ghz... but if I'm gonna get even half of those borged it would require getting the nod from the head IT guy atleast, and it could possibly require CEO clearance even. I could get all of them running the client in a few hours, but it would probably take a few days for everyone to read the email and actually click on the object in their application launcher to run it. We use Novell Netware so getting an object created and distributed is terribly easy... Getting the permission would not be as simple though. It helps that I'm in the IT department already, but it would likely be easier if I end up actually getting hired in instead of just being a student co-op (like an intern but longer term).

Next week I am gonna print up some flyers and stick them in everyones mailbox on my street... "Will Work For Borgs"! I've been wanting to make some money on the side fixing up PC's, and doing it for free the first time would be a great way to get some more borgs, as well as get my name out.

My dad works for a small company that makes underwater vehicles and sells them to other navies, universities, etc. its pretty cool stuff, their being used in Iraq for mine sweeping and recon, anyways his office has about 3 desktops and 10 dell inspiron laptops all on a wireless network, i want to borg it but im kind of afraid to ask my dad.

The kind of stuff the laptops are used for is very very critical for it to work properly. The company is a US Navy contractor, and is required to have many security measures (now that i think about it, wireless lan isnt too bright). Getting another 10-15 pcs to fold would be nice, but i doubt my dad would let me do it

I think your right.... If they can run a wireless network, then folding would not be a security issue. :)

I would almost guarantee I could get into their network, unless they have a good tech guy on staff or a contractor who was responsible setting it up.

Bah... Good effort = 510 for Team 32, BorgIncarnate = 509 for Team 32. That didn't take as long as I thought it might. :-/

Looks like its on to the long haul of chasing down Scary_Penguin for me... Now this could be a very, very, long haul, but we'll see.

In the meantime I will definetly not forget about goodeffort, as it sounds like you guys could definetly be putting up some big numbers rather quickly depending on how things develop.

Well, the summer is a bad time to be looking for borgs. When school starts again next september goodeffort is definitely going to borg 24 1ghz macs (only 8-9 hours a day) and maybe 40-50 1-2ghz dells. My friends dad is the network admin for our whole school system, i might ask him if i can fold in every lab in our town :)

where is most of your power coming from?

Back