• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

:confused: Anyone else read overclockersclub's hyper6 review?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jamesavery22

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolermaster_hyper6_review.php

Was it just me or did that guy blame a poor OC on the heatsink? :confused:

Figuring that I had messed up the thermal compound when attempting to attach the heat sink

How do you "mess up" thermal compound when you install a heatsink?

Due to the awkward and difficult mounting method of the Hyper6, it is virtually impossible to mount the Hyper6 without rubbing the thermal compound around, which of course is going to hinder the cooling process.

Guess he never read AS's instructions:
http://www.arcticsilver.com/ceramique_instructions.htm
Namely:
Once the heatsink is properly mounted and the attachment clips are secure, grasp the heatsink and very gently wiggle it slightly clockwise and counterclockwise one time each. (Just one or two degrees or so.)

Sorry if it was just me but that came off as a very poor review.

How do you "mess up" thermal compound when you install a heatsink?

Quote:
Due to the awkward and difficult mounting method of the Hyper6, it is virtually impossible to mount the Hyper6 without rubbing the thermal compound around, which of course is going to hinder the cooling process.

Well, if you mount the HS and all of the HS material goes to one side of the chip then it won't spread evenly all over the chip... poss. leaving some spots with no TIM. It takes a good amount of time for the AS5 to settle, so if they made a mistake mounting it, they wouldn't have the time for the AS5 to spread out.

Well, the guy had no idea how to mount a heatsink properly, well congratulations Coolermaster, u just chose the wrong person to review for you, lol.

The Hyper6 outperformed the SP-94 in some tests just FYI.

They didnt even do any tests on it...

One of the reasons I brought this up was because I saw the hyper6 do very well in all other reviews. Shame this guy is allowed to do reviews

Back