• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

need a good RPG, not MMORPG

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

jacheatamobits

im getting sick of online FPS's, and i tried NWN only to find out its geared for online play, i want a challenging RPG with a good story, not like the "civilization" type...

any recomendations?

baldur's gate II seems like it might be worth a look...

You are leading me to believe you don't want an RTS like warcraft etc. I'd have to say Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Best RPG I eve played.

Star Wars: Kinights of the Old Republic gets my vote. As a testament towards its quality, I played through the game at least three times to play as each class of jedi and also see the light and darkside cutscenes and endings. Truly a masterpiece made by Bioware.

bojangles said:
You are leading me to believe you don't want an RTS like warcraft etc. I'd have to say Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic. Best RPG I eve played.

I give my vote to Star Wars: K.O.T.O.R. as well. best rpg i have played, but i played it only on xbox when it came out. :D

I loved Morrowind. I really enjoy First Person RPG's. The top down view is nasty sometimes. Too much rotating to see what the hell is going on.

Diablo II single player frankly sucks, it is the online MMO aspect of D2 that made it the success that it is. Also, playing with a lot of people is more fun and easier. With that stated, I depart.

Robrules18 said:
KotOR followed VERY closely by Morrowind which has innumerable awesome mods.
Yea didn't bioware make both of them, or am I thinking of Baldur's Gates. Either way, d20 system rocks. KOTOR had the best story of any game since Ocarania of Time. I think it's story is better than Half Life. One of the few game I played through multiple times. It's a game EVERYONE should play. I don't even really like RPGs, but i loooooovvvvveeedddd KOTOR.

There is also NeverwinterNights which is also very good, and has a large fan base. Personally I liked Morrowind, but I had a had time sticking to it(Had the same problem with it's predasessor Daggerfalls), and NWN is run on the D20 system as well. I've never played KOTOR, but I've heard it's very good as well.

Tatuya said:
Diablo II single player frankly sucks, it is the online MMO aspect of D2 that made it the success that it is. Also, playing with a lot of people is more fun and easier. With that stated, I depart.
that's why i play online, i was only suggesting it as a possibility, thanks for the warning though

Final Fantasy series ? try 4,5,6 :D
or
Morrowind,Baldurs Gate,Neverwinter(toooo loong!),Diablo1/2,Warcraft campaign(its like playing rpg imo)

Cast me in with more votes for Knights of the Old Republic, and Morrowind.
KOTOR just had that old time Star Wars wow factor, while Morrowind (by Bethesda btw) has some of the most open ended gaming I've ever seen.
Both are definate classics in my book :)

Morrowind is good, and if you're a console gamer then any Final Fantasy is good (except for Mystic Quest).

I have to agree that KOTOR is one of the best games I've ever played.
I also liked Dungeon Siege alot.

Here's a good list of PC RPGs . . . all have stories u can sink ur teath into:

KOTOR . . . haven't played but have yet to hear bad about it.
Deus Ex . . . amazing.
System Shock 2 . . . amazing.
Morrowind . . . immersive world with hundereds of hours of gameplay.
Anachronox . . . Ion Storm's first game and a solid RPG.
Baldur's Gate 1 w/expansion . . . Solid RPG with a great dungeon in the expansion. Liked this one better than BG2.
Beyond Divinity/Divine Divinity . . . Diablo 2 gameplay meets Baldur's Gate story/side quests. Great games.

s[H]sIkuA said:
Final Fantasy series ? try 4,5,6 :D

PLEASE do NOT forget FFVII. The game is a classic, and I feel very, very sorry for anyone who hasn't had the pleasure of playing through it.

Dungeon Siege, and Diablo II exp online are very good games. Although everyone[/bold] is really good, so it takes a long time to catch up to them. I had to quit because I was failing school it was so addicting... :X

Dungeon Siege II is coming out Spring 2005 Yayyy....

Back