• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Predictor Update: The French are about to pass us!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

linksep

I know most of you may not care, but for those that fold for stats we are going to be overtaken by the French VERY soon. They have 21 users and once again we are proving to be better OCers (since we only have 3 active predictors) but the sheer numbers of the French is their strength. OCAU also has 3 active predictors and they are climbing the ranks quickly. Check it out and see for yourself: Linky

oh bad news! I hope we can merge with another team. I try by myself to recruit people and setup anything i can to fold, hopefully more people will start.

Bah, splitting up our own team is not good... The more competitive we are, the more apt we are to attract more members. :-/

I'd rather be a big fish in a big pond, than a big fish in a small pond. ;)

it was on the em site a while ago, its some kind of new folding program thing.

Take it to GD linksep! :)

This is the folding forum not the predictor forum. If you wanna start a P@H team thats fine with me but you cant keep on posting it in the Folding forum it just causes confusion.

slater3333uk said:

This is the folding forum not the predictor forum. If you wanna start a P@H team thats fine with me but you cant keep on posting it in the Folding forum it just causes confusion.

Yeah, Im with that.

Lets not try to steal team members from one DC project for another.

slater3333uk said:

It's not GD, it is folding related. This is the OC.c/OCF protien folding team and predicting is folding with less attention paid to how it folds and more on the folded result. If it is so bothersome that I post it here I propose a predictor sub-forum in here (like the Adopt-A-Rig sub forum).

Predictor Website said:
Protein structure prediction starts from a sequence of amino acids and attempts to predict the folded, functioning, form of the protein...

{PMS}fishy said:
Yeah, Im with that.

Lets not try to steal team members from one DC project for another.

I'm not trying to steal members or Ghz, I am trying to raise awareness so people have more options and can make informed decisions. As mentioned in my previous post about P@H, I am still folding with all my machines, but I am splitting the resources of my XP-M by running P@H during the night.

Last edited:
no, i think they mean this folding forum is for Stanfords folding, not general folding. There are many types of folding, but this forum is for the Stanford folding.

Yea let the man be... I thought this was all for science afterall. Yes we all like the stats but remember what we are here for. I only quit doing predictor because of an unstable client and other errors. If they fix them than I will switch a few machines over...

stan03 said:
no, i think they mean this folding forum is for Stanfords folding, not general folding. There are many types of folding, but this forum is for the Stanford folding.

I understand that this forum is dedicated to F@H, because untill now F@H was the only worth while protien folding DC program. Now there's a new kid on the block that seems to be the only other worthwhile (READ: non-proffit) protien related DC program.

I think being that it is protien folding related and is a non-proffit it deserves some respect and may be of interest to many protien folders.

ok, im not for or against it, im just saying what i think others meant when they said keep it out of the folding forum.

I'm not trying to steal members or Ghz, I am trying to raise awareness so people have more options and can make informed decisions.

ie steal. :(
Let me inform you. We have a perfectly awesome F@H team here on the forums and it would be a real shame if we got our forces split into multiple "folding-esque" teams. Instead of having one great team, we would be left with many weaker teams, none of them all that great.

Quailane said:
ie steal. :(
Let me inform you. We have a perfectly awesome F@H team here on the forums and it would be a real shame if we got our forces split into multiple "folding-esque" teams. Instead of having one great team, we would be left with many weaker teams, none of them all that great.

I know we have a great team and I'm happy to be a part of it. Like I've said many times, I'm not trying to steal anything. What about new members that wander into the folding forums? If they read up on both projects they can decide which one they want to participate in. It's not stealing from F@H if it was never had by F@H.

Like Mr. Furious said, it's all for science.

stan03 said:
ok, im not for or against it, im just saying what i think others meant when they said keep it out of the folding forum.
I wasn't picking on you, I was replying to your post for everyone to read. I felt that it was a very good comment and the response would answer MANY other people's questions as to why I have made these posts.

Also, thanks to everyone for keeping this civil. I respect everyone here for their decisions and loyalty. I hope you all respect me for my decision to donate over 6.3Ghz of AMD powah to any non-proffit Protien related DC project (Mostly F@H). :D

Can we just end this jibber-jabber, and kep F@H in the F@H forum, and the other stuff in GCRD.

This thread freaked me out for a moment, I thought that the francophone alliance team below us was about to pass us in F@H. Phew, I thought iwas about to have a heartattack. Please don't ever do that to me again.

lol im losing confidence in people on this forum that they actually READ the thread before they respond. Pay attention and possible heart attacks, strokes, and other agony or pain can be averted.

Back