• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

UV Safe?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

radium

For my new comp, I was thinking of getting 2 UV lights, and mounting them both in the bottom, and getting uv reactive sleeving, however, that's not enough for me. I was going to get this http://www.extremealterations.com/product_info.php?cPath=59_90&products_id=196
and spraypaint some things in my case. I was thinking that I would spray my grills, my fan, and use a different color for the blades. Is that UV safe stuff, or would I be messing up nice equipment?

I haven't bought any of this stuff yet, I'm just looking for ideas.

Last edited:
looks fine, though I donno if Id want it to be washable.

when you get it spray a bit in a cap, and touch a volt meter to it to test for conduction. if it reads 0, your good to go.

From personal experience :
This stuff is pretty decent . It glows better ( or brighter ) The more you spray on . Its fairly transparent on the inside of a case ( beware of dark colors ) . And it does come of with water soap and I must say ALOT OF ELBOW GREASE !!!!!!!!! All and all not a bad product . I even sprayed some in a can and applied it with a brush to my ram , agp , pci slots , and other various motherboard places . No problems at all . :thup:

I believe that is probably the stuff made by clearneon.com but with a new label on the can. I found that the stuff shows up pretty well, and is safe on electronics. I bought the brush on type, and it is great for being able to brush it onto heatsinks and chips.

I wouldnt put it on heatsinks. no doubt it doesnt have the best thermal properties, you youd be drasticly reducing the transfer of heat to the air.

Back