• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Mobo fried ne help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

IcedOut9mmX

Registered
my mobo fried and i was wating to know if ne one had some sites for me for a 478 socket A or ne to sell to me for about 100-120 thanx

Welcome to the forum!
Not to bust your chops or anything, but a 478 is a intel board. Socket A is 462 for Amd Athlon thunderbirds, duron., and Athlon xp, not to be confused with slot A which is early athlon, similar to a pentium slot 1 except backwards. That said, Ebay has bunches of 'em but compare prices to online stores like directron (yuk) newegg, tiger direct, and a bunch others. Some prices may be excellant on ebay, but you have to watch what they are charging for shipping, before bidding or buying. Thats where they get ya.

One more thing if you are going to check ebay. Check the warranty and return policies of the seller. If its not listed, contact and ask. Although they are supposed to clearly state their warranty policies, or if they are sold as is, without any warranty, many sellers put nothing in their add about returning a doa product.

Back