• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Question on fan positioning

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nightmare3215

My brother's got a 2.4 celeron with stock hsf and only 1 (sorta weak) outtake fan. Well he sometimes has heat issues (super lag to shutdown and weird error messages) that cease to exist in the basement... because its cool down there ;)

I made him buy a cooler master fan for intake over the weekend and accidently positioned the outtake fan as an intake one as i installed the coolermaster to the front (I thought it was incorrectly installed because i couldnt feel air coming out the back, but apparently there was air because when i switched it I could feel air blow into the case).

Now I want to know if its better having two intakes into his computer, or just one intake and that sorta weak outtake fan.
Or in other words, should I leave it as it is or switch the back fan "back" to outtake?

hey, celerons are like all computers, they just need maintainence. luckily this one has someone that cares enough to work on it. i think celerons are the most abused processor ever.

Back