• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

changing the FSB on Linux box

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

vasah20

Hi -
i have a BCM GT133KT (bcmcom.com), and I want to change the FSB from 200 to 266, since my Athlon has a 266 fsb.

I've tried going into the BIOS to change it, but the appropriate settings were not there. The chipset the board uses is the VIA KZ133, and I saw some of the articles on the web on how to change this FSB settings using some a windows based program.

Is there any way that I can change the PCI Frequency using a Linux (Mandrake 8.0) based program, or any other alternative without resorting to windows?

If you can't tell, I'm an absolute newbie to overclocking...

some sys specs:
Mobo: BCM GT133KT (VIA KZ 133 chipset, 200 fsb, 2 MB flash award bios)
CPU: Athlon 1Ghz/266 FSB
RAM: 256 MB 133MhZ memory x 2

TIA
leo

Looks like that board (according to the manufacturer's website) only supports up to 200MHz FSB so you're stuck.

Unless they have a BIOS update that opens it up to 266MHz there is no way to accomplish that. You're limited by hardware.

ouch...
ok thanks for your reply... i know that award has bios updates that are out... i'll look into them

Back