• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Mission, Whats best case or Best Case for Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Vortexkrow

What is the best case?

Also is Thermaltake VA1000U LANMOTO Blue Case with window good case?

Im getting amd 64-bit 3400+ and want the best cooling or BESTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT Case to go with and my x800XT!

ASAP GETTING IT VERY SOON! But not to much $ to spend on case!

Lian li's have very good air circulation. I don't know if that's in your budget.

EDIT: Although the cheiftech's may be ugly they also have very nice air circulation, and they're built like a rock.

Last edited:
Hi all, I'm new.

Glad I found this thread. I'm also planning to build an 64-bit AMD system (first DIY 4 me). I have the same problem as Vortexkrow - choosing a case.

What I will say though is, if you can afford it, get a new socket 939 CPU. Upgrading in the future will be easier/cheaper.

Thermaltake Tsunami Dreams seem to be good cases. Also the Antec P160.

Really hard question to answer. You'll need to decide how much noise you're comfortable with.. Me, I like good airflow, but I also like a whisper quiet case, so I went with an Antec and dual 120mm fans. IMO Thermaltake just have too many fans, which makes for a very cluttered case and probably more turbulance than in-and-out airflow. Any more than four, maybe five, case fans is overkill.
Antec, Lian Li, CoolerMaster are all good. Some of the other Antec-like cases are good also.

Lian-Li's are easily the best cases I have ever owned...From looks to build quality they are the best...IMHO

I have not owned one but have built 3 box's using the Antec P160...Nice cases...Real nice.

Another case to consider would be the Coolermaster Stacker...I was in Directron last week and pulled the one off the shelve and cracked her open...It has to be a great cooling case...Build quality was very nice...Will work with the next wave of motherboards...Very impressive...The only thing I did not like about it was the fan mount in the door...Nice case...Would also have to be considered.

Directron is supposed to have the Tsunami in tomorrow and I will give it the once over if it is there when I go to pick my order...

I too and fixing to build a new box for myself and am considering something besides the PC75 Lian-Li...If Directron had it in black it would already be a done deal...Really like the Coolermaster Stacker...Hopefully the Thermaltake Tsunami will be there tomorrow and I can make a side by side comparision.

The P160 Antec is an impressive piece...I just cannot get used to the looks of it...

From just a cooling stand point the Stacker has to be bad to the bone...80m/m blow hole...2 120's and a 80 in the door....I would say just from a cooling stand point the Stacker is the best case if have seen...Period...

LOL...Sounds like I am talking myself into getting one...Still going to wait on the Thermaltake.

thanks for that! but need a few more before i choose!

Is this the case you were talking about hookem
HTML:
http://www.scorptec.com.au/index.php?prdid=00011246
\

Edit: im mainly got my brain set on the Thermaltake Cases! but dont know which one to choose!

Last edited:
Your link would not work for me....This is the case I am talking about

Stacker

If you read the review you can see why I feel like it is easily the best cooling case I have ever seen...EASILY... :burn:

:p 2-3 temp but i cbf getting a big huge case that like to a lan! i want a cool case that looks like a monster but has ver good cooling!

Any Ideas? i thought of the Thermaltake ones! but i dunno if they good for cooling!

http://thermaltake.com

Okay....Lets see...You want a case that has the best cooling...Hummm...

That would be the Coolermaster Stacker...

But wait...Hold the phone...You are going to LAN with the box (been nice to know about all this to begin with)

It would appear on paper anyway that the new Thermaltake Tsunami would be a good choice if cooling and aluminum construction, is a good option for you.

Thermaltake Tsunami

The Antec LanBoy is another good choice except for the whimpy power supply.

Antec LanBoy

Really if you want to get good information you need to be very specific about what you want...Best Cooling...Not to much $...Then it aint no thing...Then we are LAN the thing...????

I am really at a loss as to this "monster" thing your are reffering to...But I'll be back... :burn:

i wouls have to say, ive seen that lan boy so many times its not funny i really ****ing hate it! u mm ive looked at that case but its not that good for modding or making my pc look like a monster on the outside, This monster thing is all about it loooking like a monster, The parts are gonna be a monster but the case the parts are gonna be in?

Also i want really good cooling because im going to be ocing alot! money isnt a problem now! it needs to look like a beast on the out side! Because im going to lans all the time and i want to **show** it off and attact groups of people!

Monster like this ????

?????

There are many monster looking cases out there...But I doubt very seriously that you are going to find one cools well.

Your better cooling cases are going to be manufactured by known companys...You should go to directron, svc, and some of the other vendors and check out the case section.

If you find something you like throw a link up here and ask what everybody thinks.

The review in front of me (CustomPC mag) says, "The Stacker's airflow is sensible and well balance. It's a good investment, as there's lots of room for uprades and mods. If you're an ambitious PC builder, the Stacker will make an excellent starting point."

If you like it go for it, personaly I don't like it's looks, but I have to to admire the cooling layout!

Yeah I must admit I am really impressed by the Stacker...The build quality and attention to detail is just sick.

I am still going to wait until I see the Tsunami before making my decision.

Every time I build a box for myself with the Lian-Li it promptly gets bought out from under me...Cant complain because I sock it to them on the price.

If you plan on doing the LAN thing I would hang loose until the Tsumani is out there and you can get some feedback.

I cannot make it to Directron today but will have to go tomorrow...Looks good on paper...2 120's and a 92 aint bad...Aluminum...Looks like a viable option.

Still the Lian-Li's are just awesome cases.

naa its to much and i think the CM Stackk can e modded a lot, eg. window son top and side etc.. and the cm stacker is cheaper and i think the cm stacker is a full tower! Hookem would you say they Full Tower?

LOL...Yeah I would say that the Stacker would be considered a "full tower"...

It is a beast...Not as tall as the 1200 series Antec but full it is.

Now Directron has back ordered the Stacker...Oh well.

Back