• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need some help overclocking....

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Pollux

I'm using BIOS D23 sub-zer0 and I've been running at 200x11. My barton is locked, so id like to further increase my fsb. My goal is 215. How can i reach this? How much voltage will the cpu require, and how much voltage will the ram require? I tried booting at 210x11 @ 1.7 volts, but windows would never load. also, it shows up as 418 fsb when the computer boots up, instead of 420. i would also like to keep my memory timings cas 2.5. any suggestions?

You may have to loosen your ram timings to post at higher FSB...

I'm using the same bios as you.. seems to be pretty decent...
Easiest way to test fsb is to raise your cpu core voltage a couple small notches... loosen your ram timings and then run memtest86 on the increased fsb... most usually.. you can easily diagnose if the ram isn't keeping up to spec, and increase ram voltage or loosen the timings further... perhaps... 2.5-3-3-11? I've heard good things about that XMS ram though... Once you are stable in memtest for say... 2 or 3 tests you should be okay to get into windows and see how stable the overall overclock is. Adjust your cpu voltage based upon prime95 results and get the cpu stable as well.

It's always harder with a locked chip. :)

Just a little addition to what Docta_Z said. When using memtest you might want to stress the ram by using test #5. Loop it a few times..... I usually use 20 loops which will take about a half hour. If you can get through that without errors then your memory is pretty stable. Just use time and patience and you should be able to go up a few notches at a time until you finally can't keep the system stable.... Then back down and hopefully you'll be at 215..... maybe higher :)

ok as of right now, im 216x11 @ 1.8volts. ram timings are 2-2-3-11 @ stock voltage (2.6volts). i idle at 44-45c, and load goes up to about 48-49c. My cpu can go higher with more voltage though. What would u suggest is a good place to stop? what i mean by that is how far should i push the voltage and fsb with temperatures in mind? also, my idle temps go to about 48-49 with 1.85 volts

Last edited:
I guess you should keep in mind the temps. Under load you should try to keep it under 50ºC. Some people thinks thats high but I ran a 2200xp at 60 for over a year. I won't suggest a place to stop. Stop once can no longer keep it stable or..... when you're done being greedy..... :p

Last edited:
Back