• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help overclocking a i5 8600k

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KoperaN

Hello everyone!

Last time I OCed a cpu it was a i7 920 and X5675 so it's been a while.

So 2 months ago I got a i5 8600k with ASrock z370 Extreme4 MB and I'm trying to overclock it to around 5ghz like some of the guides show that the cpu can reach but I'm not having any luck. I would be okay with less like 4. 8 or so.

Someone told me to start small at like 4.7 to see how the temps are so I did, I set the multiplier to 47 and left everything on auto. It boots up but when I run PRIME95 it freezes like 2 min in to a blend test. So I thought maybe I use the ASRock auto-overclock "load optimized cpu oc setting" for 4.7ghz and adjust the vcore because it's set to 1.34 and I think that high for 4.7....i tried it and it won't boot to windows or freezes few min in to a stress test. It only works at the 1.34 vcore.

My MB has some dram voltage problems so for me to run XMP profile at 3200Mhz I needed to adjust some voltages like the asrock forums said... Maybe thats interfering with me overclocking? Should I wait for more Sable BIOs?

Does anyone here have a i5 8600k and can recommend a good guide? Or give me some pointers on where to start?

Thank you for any help!! ... And sorry for the Grammer.. English is my second language.

Overclock the memory first and test, then the processor. Looks like your doing a good job try increasing the Vcore by 10mv at a time.

Back