• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Current best bang for buck? (AGP only)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

=ACID RAIN=

Is it the BBA ATI 9800Pro? I'd assume the 256MB card is best, since it probably has the 9800XT pcb and components. Am I correct or is there a better choice? Who's selling the R360 cores on their 9800Pros? I'm not redoing my whole platform just yet, so I'd like some help buying the last AGP card I'll probably spend money on ;)

I'm not worried about the 128MB vs the 256MB in performance, I know there's no gain in current games. What I'm shooting for is the same PCB layout as the XT, and 256MB cards are more likely to have that.

Yeah the Sapphire 256 meg 9800s are pretty bang-for-the-buckish these days.

Just ensure when you buy it - it's a 256 bit, there was an issue where sapphire mislabeled cards and a bunch of 128 bit cards were released labeled very similarly to 256 bits... and people got confused, angry, etc etc.

Either that or go with a BBA 9800 Pro. Both good choices - get a bunch of cool bundled software with the sapphire though I believe, for a very minimal price difference.

Enjoy :)

Back