• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

LF new mobo z490 best bang for my buck

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bullshiz

I am going to get the 10900kf from micro center soon. Their MOBO selection is not great, just looking for reccomendations on what the best bang for the buck mobo is? Not inerested in wifi at all (prefer that to not even be on it). I game and will do a stable OC. I have a 2070 super as well (never updated my signature). Any suggestions would be great! thanks.

Honestly, most any that aren't the cheapest you can find will be fine. What is your budget?
(why do you prefer wi-fi not even on the board... disable it... you can also use it to troubleshoot an NIC issues)

Z490 Extreme 4 is solid... Asus Gaming-E... MSI Tomahawk... all solid. Really.

Last edited:
Honestly, most any that aren't the cheapest you can find will be fine. What is your budget?

I'm not overly worried about cost but I was thinking in the 200-300 ish range for my application. I normally buy Asus but I've heard of late the QC is not the best. Is there a preferred brand or a bios?

These are a couple I was looking at on the microcenter website. All are $20 off with processor.
ASUS Z490-A Prime Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard $299
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS PRO AX Intel LGA 1200 ATX $250
MSI Z490-A PRO Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard $170

No preferred brands or BIOSs...no problems with Asus QC that I know of. You ask a dozen people, each will complain about MSI/Asus/Biostar/Giga/ASRock...

What you listed will be fine (see my edit above for examples and a question).

I am going to get the 10900kf from micro center soon. Their MOBO selection is not great, just looking for reccomendations on what the best bang for the buck mobo is? Not inerested in wifi at all (prefer that to not even be on it). I game and will do a stable OC. I have a 2070 super as well (never updated my signature). Any suggestions would be great! thanks.

Get a Z590 instead.

Id consider that as well. The microcenter selection on them is not very good either.

I would also check B560 if you don't need any special features and care for the price. B560 motherboards have now an unlocked memory ratio (some with DDR4-5300+ support) and most features are the same as in Z590 motherboards. It will lack thunderbolt 4 or other things that most users don't even use but for most users, it's like B550 vs X570 on AMD.

Btw. 11th gen CPUs cost not much more than 10th gen (at least what I see in local stores which have pre-orders). I would get 11th gen, simply because it's newer and supposed to be slightly better. However, I can't see a 10 core CPU listed so it's hard to find a direct replacement for the 10900K/F.

Somehow all are waiting for the CPU premiere so are not in a hurry with new motherboards. The same is everywhere. Some Z590/B560 motherboards are available to order but will be delivered in 2-3 weeks.

I'm not overly worried about cost but I was thinking in the 200-300 ish range for my application. I normally buy Asus but I've heard of late the QC is not the best. Is there a preferred brand or a bios?

These are a couple I was looking at on the microcenter website. All are $20 off with processor.
ASUS Z490-A Prime Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard $299
Gigabyte Z490 AORUS PRO AX Intel LGA 1200 ATX $250
MSI Z490-A PRO Intel LGA 1200 ATX Motherboard $170

Wow the ASUS Prime ia 299 now? Prices are really getting silly. I would go for a Gaming-E if I were going to pay that much. It is $299 at Newegg. At this point I would buy a Z590 considering the prices are about the same and leaves you better upgrade options down the road.

Back