• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which intel chip are you running??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Which intel CPU is running in your MAIN PC?

• 486 or lower

Votes: 14 1.2%
  • Celeron PPGA (266-533)

Votes: 20 1.7%
  • Celeron FC-PGA (Coppermine 533-up)

Votes: 143 12.1%
  • Pentium

Votes: 14 1.2%
  • Pentium II

Votes: 26 2.2%
  • Pentium ///

Votes: 244 20.6%
  • Pentium IV

Votes: 722 61.0%

• Total voters

Mr B

Senior Admin Emeritus
EDIT. This poll is closing in on it's second birthday, and it's long overdue for an overhaul or replacement.

Now...as I'm a trifle unfamiliar with the "latest and greatest" of intels offerings (I know a bit of Willie, and Northie, and these new HT chips, but not specifics). If someone would care to PM me with a list of ten variables, that includes as much of all intel variants as possible...say start with "Pentium and Lower", then "PII", "P///", etc...I'd be glad to start a new poll for you guys.

Brian

Just thought I'd put this out there, to see what people are actually running. For those that have multiple systems, using different chips, the one I'm interested in is your MAIN rig.

Fro example, I've got quite a few chips about right now, but the cpu in my MAIN rig, is a P/// 600E, so I'd vote for the P///.

Let's see how this goes.....:D

*edit*

OMG..it's back again! LOL Thread's almost 10 months old...:eek:

That P/// 600E wasn't my main for much longer after I posted this..., and today resides in Indiana. It's a trip seeing stuff you posted so long ago brought back up sometimes...gives you a glimpse into how far you've come in that time....;)

B.

Last edited:
1 x Celeron 333@500 2.4V
1 x Celeron 400@500 2.0V
1 x Celeron2 600@750 1.75V CC0 (what the f..., it won´t go higher)

rogerdugans said:
2 PII 400's see sig below

Isn't this supposed to be about your MAIN pc only?

1 PC listed per post?

I may have started things off badly because its a dual cpu machine!

(Sorry Mr B!)

C2 566 @ 1020 air cooled. This is one of the original ones got it when they first came out.

BP6 with dual C500's @ 600

P3 500 in a Micro ATX/Baby case for a portable Burn/Vid Cap machine.

Just sold my P3 866 + CUSL2-C and got a TUSL2-C and a P3 933. I am putting it together this week just waiting on the memory to arrive.

For now the BP6 is my main "Intel" system (at least till I get the new system up and running) I use it as a file, web, ftp, hotline, telnet server running Linux. I also do a bit of browsing and dl all my mail on it........reason being no worrys about viri!

PS my real main system is an AMD :)

Last edited:
1GHz P3 @ 1125 in Soyo 7VCA
1GHz P3 @ 1125 IN Abit VP6 (the one in the Soyo was "supposed" to be in here too, damnation to Intel)
P3 700 @ 700 ECS D6VAA (Looking for another cB0 700 for this one)
Celly 600 @ 600 on Tyan Tsunami
Dual P2 350 @ 350 on Maxtium BXAD
P166 @ 166 on NEC V133

Oops...just noticed this was for a main rig. Well, my main rig is AMD ALL THE WAY! Haha...does this mean I have to delete this now?

Jon said:
Oops...just noticed this was for a main rig. Well, my main rig is AMD ALL THE WAY! Haha...does this mean I have to delete this now? [/B]

LOL...=)

Um...do you have a main INTEL rig?? ;)

AmbientFiction said:
Running a crap 533 right now waiting on my RMA to get back from intel and if they send me a cB0 I'm gonna have them for lunch. I want a cC0 back everyone wish me luck.

Good Luck!!!

Back