• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dell XPS or Gateway cases....?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

nissmo300

Does anyone know if you can fit another motherboard in these computers? Also will it own power supply work with the new MB.

All Dell XPS(old and new) have proprietary powersupply plugs. They also have proprietary front panel connections. The older XPS cases are fairly easy to convert to standard ATX front connections.

What if I buy a XPS case only and fit a new PSU and and new ATX board?

uh give Dells wonderful tech support line a call and ask :p

dno anthing bout Dell cases but if its standard ATX then you shouldent have a problem..you might wanna measure and see where holes for screws are at.

I recently did that to a Dell Poweredge 2200, a little older I realize, but the idea is the same. You would need to drill mobo mounts and find a creative way of holding in the plugs (I used crazy glue).

You can fit in a normal PSU (from my experience with Dell cases) but don't even try to use the standard Dell one.

For the front panel connectors you need to get your hands dirty, figure out the circuit board, trace the leads, and then solder ordinary mobo plugs. Also if it has audio jacks and so on, you need to do pretty much the same.

Aside from that I don't think there are any major issues.

Good Luck! Post Pics :attn:

Back