• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dremel discs

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dkitt10

so im 3/4 done doing a window mod for my buddy and all my discs got too small to use so now I need more

I had some that said no. 420 on them and nothing else

but what do you guys recommend for dremel discs....for cutting windows cause im doing mine next :D

I would suggest the fiberglass reinforced ones (thick black and a bit bigger in diameter). You can get them at Walmart, Kmart, Lowes, Home Depot, and most any hardware store. But to be honest I would suggest you get a jig saw to do the windows, and save the Deremel for shapes and points. It will save you a lot of time and effort.

yeah, vote for fiber reinforce ones, Im still on my first one after 16 inches of steel and another 10 of aluminum. Jigsaw, smigsaw, it just doesnt look as fun, no matter how much faster it is. Dremel, slow but fun.

i used a disc black one and its like the brown cutters but its got like threads in it as if it is weved with stuff.. i used only half of a disc, on about a foot or so of 1/8th inch acryllic...

ironic how the thing i have has only 2 fiberglass and like 20 non... cutting wheels when we bought it a while back.. i tried using a jig on arcyllic.. kicks back... and also melts acryllic...

well I came back from my buddies and I did by the fiber glass renforced ones (10.58 canadian for 5 !!!)

well I used a quarter of a disc on like 6 inchs of the side of a computer...

but then the screw broke and it wont titen any more so now gatta buy a new screw

but for cutting wat I do is engrave the spot like twice then cut through it

i find it uses less disc then pusihn the disc in and cutting it straight

is my way proper??

I use my dremel for light work and now for heavy work I am using my a die grinder fitting with a cutting disk and shield. I can get away with using one disk on probably half a dozen mods before replacing the disk. Also for nice clean edges I am using a jigsaw. The dremel comes in handy for cleaning up cuts, and for tight squeezes etc. Cheaper to buy blades and cutting wheels for the above mentioned tools then to buy the fiberglass reinforced cutoff wheels for the dremel.

Back