• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

O'Cing help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Jarlaxe

Disabled
Well, I decided that I want to overclock my cpu(Barton 3200 400mhzFSB) because of err..recent..dissappointments..<cough>..Morrowind.

Anyway, I want a safe number without raising Vcore maybe from its 2.19 now to around 2.4 perhaps? Would that be safe? Would I do 219fsb x 11? I really don't want to fry anything, and I don't want my temps to remain almost the same. Also how would I go about if I got it to 219fsb on chip, could I just open my Nvida Utility and crank up the mem to 219 as well? Its running at 2-2-2-11 right now. I want that 1:1 ratio kept.

Jarlaxe said:
Well, I decided that I want to overclock my cpu(Barton 3200 400mhzFSB) because of err..recent..dissappointments..<cough>..Morrowind.

Anyway, I want a safe number without raising Vcore maybe from its 2.19 now to around 2.4 perhaps? Would that be safe? Would I do 219fsb x 11? I really don't want to fry anything, and I don't want my temps to remain almost the same. Also how would I go about if I got it to 219fsb on chip, could I just open my Nvida Utility and crank up the mem to 219 as well? Its running at 2-2-2-11 right now. I want that 1:1 ratio kept.

your vcore is over 2?????? :eek:

Wow, I didn't proofread my own message, I also made the mistake of saying"I don't want my temps to remain the same" I meant I DO WANT.

If you push the FSB up to 219, then the memory will go as well (unless you specify some other ratio in the BIOS). If you can increase the FSB without raising the vcore, then your temps should remain very close to your current temps. They may not change at all. I doubt that you're going to be able to push a desktop barton to 2.4 ghz without pushing the vcore up any higher than 1.725. Also, most barton's hit a wall around the 2.4 ghz range...

Aim for 2.3 ghz and you should be fine with no more than 1.7v into the cpu. That will probably raise your temps though. If I were you, I would do everything you're willing to do for your case-temperatures, then once you're sure that your cpu heatsink is getting all of the fresh/cool air that it can... you can then reconsider your temps and begin the quest for 2.3+ ghz.

Back