• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

surround sound with alsa

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kaltag

Good evening, I'm trying to get surround sound working with turtle beach santa cruz with the CS46xx chipset. I have a simple 4.1 speaker setup. using xmms I have 3 outputs to choose from, front, rear, and center. Each will work at once but I want the front and rear working simultaneously. Anyone have any input on this matter? Thank you

I have a Hercules GameTheater with the same chip. I was looking for surround sound support a while ago and I can't find any support for it. It seems that Cirrus Logic won't open up their documentation without a non-disclosure agreement. I think that maybe you'd be able to get surround sound if you used the digital out, but I haven't had a chance to try that out at all. Other than that option I think it's impossible to get true surround sound. Unless I missed something, which I would be glad if someone pointed it out. :)

-DarkArctic

Thanks for responding and at least trying to make me feel bettr :D. I've been looking at other forums and it seems no one has gotten it working and I don't have digital speakers so I'll just have to live with it I guess.

Back