• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

copy results from offline machine ?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

KGH

This machine A used to be online but now it is offline so I would like to know a way ( in details plz) to copy those completes WUs and Up them on machine B which is online. I know how to put WUs in the offline machine but not with the results. Do i need to copy the while F@H dir ? and also does the machine ID have to match on both machine in order to send the results ? [ i have lost many pts to silly mistakes already, so i want to get it right on first try this time :) ]

Go into your WORK folder in the FAH folder... copy all of the WU_result.DAT and paste them into the work folder on the other computer. It should recognize them and send them out for results and points :) Hope this helps.

If you have a jump drive it's real easy to do. Just make a differently named folder than the one that the machine with internet access uses for it's folding and then assign that machine ID to 2 (or higher if you are already running multiple clients on the machine with inet access). Then, after plugging the jump drive into the machine with internet access, start that client and let it get a wu from Stanford and then shut that client down. Then, unplug the jump drive and go plug it into the machine without internet access and you can either copy the whole folder to your C drive or you can just run the client off the jump drive, if you prefer. When the machine finishes the wu, repeat the above procedure (make sure it finishes transferring the completed wu to Stanford before shutting that transfer client down though).

You can't just copy the work folder over because the queue.dat file in the machine with internet access won't know there is a completed wu in it, if you try to do like mtb856 says.

Back