• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Semprons in MP?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
The question is how much will they overclock? I suppose they will be locked... So they would make an alternative to have higher power rating without much overclock.

could be interesting, if some mobo manu wanted to take the time and develop a board with the semprons socket, arent these coming in both socket A and socket 754 flavors? if so, might be possible in a dual socket A, with maybe a bios update, or it could just be theinquirer spitting possibilities or hearsay with no proof of right or wrong

maj said:
could be interesting, if some mobo manu wanted to take the time and develop a board with the semprons socket, arent these coming in both socket A and socket 754 flavors? if so, might be possible in a dual socket A, with maybe a bios update, or it could just be theinquirer spitting possibilities or hearsay with no proof of right or wrong

From the link:
You can also bung them into MP systems, if you were wondering.

But those processors have less cache and are locked. So i'm not as sure as the inquirer that those 2500+ and less are for the junkyard... I think they exagerate quite a bit.

Back