• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Dilema help please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

spydeymon

Ok this is my prob i had ordered 1 gig kit of mushkin 2-2-2 special for my nf7-2.0 now when i got the sticks i had alot of problems my mobo didnt like them and its weird cause ive never seen anyone have problems with this ram and mobo. so i sent them back to mushkin they tested them on the same board for me and they said they run fine.Now what do i do do i ask them to send me a dif pair maybe that will help or do i just get a refund the thing is i got these for 280 shipped and since they are discontinued i was thinking if it would be a good idea to just keep them and myabe getting a dif board or something? Any advice will be greatly apreciated :)

Dude, that is good ram, however, it your board has a problem with them, then its not good ram for you. You can pick up a new DFI board for 100 USD, I think which is certainly an option, however, you just bought a backup BIOS chip didn't you? I would get them to send me a different set of ram back, then try out several of the CPC disable modded BIOS until I found the right one and keep my Abit. Below is a link to some of the modded BIOS (thanks go to pershoot). Just keep trying them until you find the one that works best for you. In the end, if the ram doesn't work, you should be able to sell it in the classifieds and find something different. You would only be out time so I think it is worth a shot to keep the Abit and the ram.

http://nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=48540&sid=e523e352e5a3641fe88d319e0d422d75

Good luck...and I just believe that you're going to get it worked out.

Thanks reefa :) but i really dont know which bios's do dl from there :( last time i used one i had to get a new bios chip :( but know i have to hotflash the old one so i have 2 incase i screw one up again.But if u could give me the exact file name i would need for a cpc disabled one it would be a great help to my newb *** :)

http://www.bleedinedge.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3032

Here is one for you to try which has the CPC disabled (at the end of post #2). The other site that I linked before, has several versions, with different features. Some work better on specific boards so you will need to read the descriptions (and the linked info) and if the one I just linked doesn't work, try another, until you find the one that works best for your system. You should probably be looking for the ones with "CPC disabled" in the descriptions if you're using 2 x 512 sticks (which I know you will be).

Yes, it would be best, if before you continued, you have your backup BIOS chip ready. For a little extra security and ease of recovery, the BIOS Savior is a nice tool to have.

And remember, do all your flashing at default settings, not overclocked settings.

Back