• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Ping Problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ozonod

Registered
Hey All,
i gotta ping probelm that bugs the hell outta me cuz whenever im playing games online like Counter-Strike, Soldier of Fortune II, Farcry, and FFXI, ill have a good ping of around 50 and then all the sudden it jumps up to 100 then 200 then before i know it my ping is 999 and im lagging out. My connection is very good i have Adelphia Cable, i have a router that has 4 computer on it but my connection is good because when i go to CNET and do the bandwith meter thing
( http://reviews.cnet.com/7004-7254_7-0.html?tag=cnetfd.dir ) ill be connected at 3148.1 KBPS and thats damned good Cable connection, but i still lag like a motherf***** . does this make sense? someone please help me cuz im sick of laggin out . sorry for my bitchy whining. thanx all
Peace :attn:

Hope this helps man but i had the same problem not too long ago but not same isp. what i did was change my nic to 100txduplex, and to tell u i have no idea what this does or its purpose but i know since its 100 duplex its actually operating at 200 mb/s or kb. i need to get my act together but this really helped . btw i have a nic it also might work with an onboard network. but just google it on how to change duplex and if u cant seem to find im me on aim at atexsmalls13. hope that helps and i know what it feels like :attn:

Thanx alot man ill be gettin a new 100TxDuplex card soon. hope it works. :)

Also make sure no one else is using the internet at the time. That'll kick your butt all the time. I'll be in the middle of some UT2k4 and my bro will start downloading some mp3's or pr0n and my connection is unplayable ;p

does it become laggy? or does your ping just go up so much and you get booted from the server? if thats the case get a firewall..that way no one will know your ping ;)

Back