• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I just won a 2.8 SL6Z5 P4 on ebay

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

gigabit

This is a 30 cap cpu i believe with MO stepping its new and still in the sealed box but i believe most mo stepping 2.8 are 30 cappers.Can any one tell me if this is true.I had a chance to get the same stepping 30 cap 2.8 for $200 but i got this one for $162.50.the one for $200 hundred was used and the guy said it was a 30 capper.And would do 250 fsb no problem but he never pushed it any further.So i took a chance with this one. Do you think i made the right choice or should i have went with the used one?

All SL6Z5's are M0 steppers, all have 30 caps, and from what I've seen all seem to do 3.5GHz rather easily.. You made a very good choice - that was a good deal for that CPU.

I personally think you made the right choice. Although the "guy", as you call him, only had it at FSB250 doesn't mean he really tried to push it further without success. That's just a thing to say to give the buyer hope. The new one could do FSB270 without a hassle, or then again not. But hey, life is full of surprises, and this will be one too! :) Hope it is a killer chip! Good luck.

Thanks man i was hoping thats what it was .Dam im happy because my 3.0c cant break 3.4ghz with out going to 1.6750 v and it not stable at that. Hey if you are intrested there is one on there now it has 4 days left and its at 122.50 right now.

Thanks, but I'm quite satisfied with my 2.8C right now, as you probably can tell from my sig. :) That is if your post was pointed at me and not mattspalace, hehe. :D

solari is that your actuall cpu voltage or what you set to in bios? tring to find out how much voltage is too much to throw at my new 3.0c already at 3.6ghz @ 1.56-.57v 12cap version.

gigabit said:
Hey Evilsizer if you got 3.6 stable with that voltage your doing great.You could give it 1.6250v no problem.

i upped it alittle for peace of mind barly moved though... it does 3.6 on 1.55v... i was on air with the zalman in sig and temps where really high 54c+ temps with that voltage.. on water now so..*crosses fingers for 3.8*

sorry about going of subject....

1.625V is what it is set at in BIOS. But then again I have a 30 capper, which can take more voltage than the 12 cappers. In Windows vcore jumps from 1.55V to 1.7V. I badly need the Vcore-stabilizer mod. Luckily I have my friend macci who can do it, as soldering is not my strongest ability. :)

i sold a good 11 sl6z5's on ebay a week ago and all my buyers were happy with their results-

i kept 2 for myself, one is a dud, needs 1.62 vcore just to hit 3400, and the other is still @ default vcore@ 3800-

not sure how much this ai7 will give b4 its time to invest into a pc4800 dlx to get more out of this one-

but yeah, those sl6z5's are the best imo, 30 cappers usually ask for less vcore @ high speeds

Evilsizer said:
i upped it alittle for peace of mind barly moved though... it does 3.6 on 1.55v... i was on air with the zalman in sig and temps where really high 54c+ temps with that voltage.. on water now so..*crosses fingers for 3.8*

sorry about going of subject....

If you get 3.8 on water let me know what kind of temps you are getting as i might put my 12 cap on water and run my new 2.8 on air.im only looking for 3.5 to 3.7 i dont want any higher i just wanna break 7000 in 3dmarl03 then ill be happy til i get myself a 6800 GT.Im gonna run the 2.8 on my AI7 and my 3.0 on my IS7 right now i dont have a second vid card so im gonna get some cheap nvida 5200 or a ati 9200.til i get the 6800 .If i get the 128mb version ill have it in a few weeks.

nice to hear ya got an m0 ...most seem to clock well mine runs happily at 260 mhz (3646) 24/7 and can do 3.7 + when benching with 1.6 vcore :) good luck and i hope its a good one dude

Anyone think it's my 865 chipset holding back my o/c? I bet if I get an IC7 and 'sink it up, I can hit 3.5ghz :D

DamienKC said:
Anyone think it's my 865 chipset holding back my o/c? I bet if I get an IC7 and 'sink it up, I can hit 3.5ghz :D

you don't need to sink up a ic7 for northwood ocing. only pressies i would think.

i don't know much about the is7, but ppl get really good oc's on ai7's which are 865. so i would say, no not the chipset.

Nah, most i865PE's can do 250 FSB easily. My P4P800 was running 284 FSB unmodded at one point, then my CPU suffered GNDS cuz I was running it at 1.75 Vcore on air.

Back