• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

new sata hard drive

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Marche

Registered
Hi, I have an ultra infinity nforce2 board. I am already using the 4 ide channels, 2 cd roms, and 2 hard drives. I would like aanother harddrive, Can i simply add a serial Harddrive? I know the mb has 4 connector, but do i have to use raid? ive never used a serial drive before.
thanks

You just have to make the correct choices in your bios. It will run without raid just fine. How much storage do you have right now? Sounds like you have lots. Sounds like your case is going to explode. But I love that. Have fun.

lol, I dont have that much, ive got a 40gb for boot and programs an 80 with my games on. Im planning on getting a 160 serial, thanks for the reply

i have 2 hdd's and 2 burners AND 2 SATA hardrives, but i use the SATA drives to boot with because they're faster. I moved My Documents (and all of the subfolders) Favorites and the swapfile off of my boot drive to help pick it up as well. (My Documents is really so I don't have to back it up whenever i re-load windows or have a crash...

Yeah you should be able to just add one on. If you want to use the onboard raid you will need to get at least 2 SATA drives. Otherwise just grab the single, load up the drivers and run it as a normal HDD.

Back