• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermalright or Vantec?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4RK3N

Registered
Ive decided to go with an air cooling solution rather than an expensive, risky water cooler. I am currently debating 2 copper hsf's. The first one on my list is the Thermalright SK6 with a Delta 38 screamer and the second on my list is the Vantec CCK6035D also with a Dleta 38. The noise from the Delta's won't be a problem for me. Which of these heatsink's are better than the other? The most noticeable difference between the 2 are the socket clips. the Vantec seems to have a nice clip which can be done without any tools, while the Thermalright has a clip that requires a flathead screwdriver. Believe me. the one's that require screwdrivers pose a huge risk to motherbpard damage. I broke a resistor off of my MSI K7T Turbo when the screwdriver slipped and struck the board. It's in MSI's repair shop being fixed and I should have it back any day now. Which of these heatsinks cools the best? Anyone have a link for a head to head duel between the 2?

The vantec is a good cooler. The Sk6 is better but costs a lot of money. I have a vantec 6030D (little brother aluminum) and the clip was the easiest to install. The clip on the vantec 6035D is different but is the same ease. Bottom line- Little money-Vantec. A lot of money Sk6.

D4RK3N said:
Ive decided to go with an air cooling solution rather than an expensive, risky water cooler. I am currently debating 2 copper hsf's. The first one on my list is the Thermalright SK6 with a Delta 38 screamer and the second on my list is the Vantec CCK6035D also with a Dleta 38. The noise from the Delta's won't be a problem for me. Which of these heatsink's are better than the other? The most noticeable difference between the 2 are the socket clips. the Vantec seems to have a nice clip which can be done without any tools, while the Thermalright has a clip that requires a flathead screwdriver. Believe me. the one's that require screwdrivers pose a huge risk to motherbpard damage. I broke a resistor off of my MSI K7T Turbo when the screwdriver slipped and struck the board. It's in MSI's repair shop being fixed and I should have it back any day now. Which of these heatsinks cools the best? Anyone have a link for a head to head duel between the 2?

There is no comparison between the Vantec and the ThermalRight. I have used Vantec HSF's and dumped them. I now use ThermalRight SK6, GlobalWin CAK38 and Swiftech MC462A. Millenium Glaciator is also a very highly rated HSF - I don't use it because of its weight - 712gm.
The ThermalRight is much better than the Vantec.

Back