• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Duron 650 core color??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

D4RK3N

Registered
I have a Duron 650 (soon to be upgraded with a Duron 900) which appears to have a silver core when viewed from directly above. The 'goo' (glue) around the core is blue however. What is the core color?

I can't tell you what color it is - but I will tell you this. The core color thing was something that the AMD overclocking world picked up on last fall - it seemed that the blue core chips were the ones coming from the Dresden fab and had copper interconnects and increased OC'ability. We know now that the chip stepping code is what to go by. The color thing was even less important for Durons. What's the code of your 600? If it's an AKBA or AKCA you've got a good one, a doggone bueno overclocker.

It's so hard to tell what color the core is anyway. I've got 2 AMD chips (and have installed numerous more in other people's computers) and I still cant tell which cores are green and which are blue.

SickBoy

Back