• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Water Cooling.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hello,

The kit your looking at seems overpriced to me. I suggest taking a look at danger den products. www.dangerden.com

This being your first water cooling rig , I would not use a pelt right off the bat.

One of the overlooked benifits of water cooling is it is quiet. Keep that in mind when making your decision.

Billy

To tell you the truth, I've spent almost the same amount building my own custom cooler and I'll bet you mine works much better. That system comes with an aluminum waterblock and a very small radiator. You would be better off to goto Canadian Tire and buy a 1986 Ford LTD heater core, a small pump (80-400 gph depending on how big you want) and a nice copper block like the Spir@l or dangerden maze2.

Heater Core $55
Pump $40-120
Tubing $15
Spir@l block $70 + shiping
Total:

$180-$260

I guarantee this is a better setup then the one at bigfoot.

And yes I am Canadian

:

Dogma: i may just do that. what temps do you get? and what cpu are you using? Did you have to oder the 1986 Ford LTD heater core or do they have them in stock?

And are you everclocking currently with good results?

where did you get the Spir@l? which is better, the Spri@l or maze2?

Re: :

ALENGOSVIG1 said:
Dogma: i may just do that. what temps do you get? and what cpu are you using? Did you have to oder the 1986 Ford LTD heater core or do they have them in stock?

And are you everclocking currently with good results?

where did you get the Spir@l? which is better, the Spri@l or maze2?

One more question.....What size are the fittings on that heater core?

The kit you orginaly pointed out is a great kit. You need the socket version and i recomend you get it from Overclockers hideout here: https://www.overclockershideout.com...CIK&Category_Code=Socket+370,+7,+462(AMD),+P4

The kit is great and scot will help you through icq. I use the kit and can back it up with performance which is noted in my sig. I think it also looks great and is quite simple. Price is almost the same as the danger den kit maybe a little cheaper. its $180.00 complete.

Any questions just ask me...i get temps under 39c on load with a athlon with over a 50% overclock and 2.08volts.

Last edited:
Back