• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

OC 1ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dragon

Registered
I was wondering if i can get some help in oc my cpu.
Currently its at 1.1ghz and the max i can push it to is 1.13ghz before my system locks up.
Can anyone tell me why?
o yeh my chip is an AXIA and the stepping is by 2, MSI Pro2a K7T mb, 30gig ibm 7200rpm, etc.

what setting are you using to get it to 1.13?

first I would try and see how you can get with the multiplier..(10x100) (10.5x100) ect... Then starting back and 10, see how high you can get the FSB. (10x104) (10X106) ect..ALWAYS keeping an eye on temps. Then work on a combo for the two for your final overclock. Example- 11x110=1210

O yeh forgot to mention its (10x110) fsb
but i gotta unlock the multiplyer
:)

You might wanna check your board's specs to see if it can run a 133 FSB properly. I would also suggest unlocking the chip and running a lower multiplier, and a higher fsb.

oni brings up a very good point, if you have the option of running at 133, do it. I have 2 axia b's and both of them run at 133 without a problem. Also stanman has several axia "b's" that run at 133 without a problem..and 10x133=1333...

O yeh..
i rekon i just get a new mb
cause i dont think the current one i have supports 133mhz fsb

OK, hold on, do you have the KT-133-a chipset?, if not, sorry you cannot overclock. If so, what are you doing to lower temps? Of course you know this is the first step in overclocking. If you have skipped this step, then Atlon keychain away!!!

I found that my one gig wouldn't do much over 8.5 multi. but at that speed the fsb could run 150fsb at cas2.

The other way it would do 13multi at 110 fsb But temps are very hot even with the masterful swiftech 462a and 4 case fanz

thnx alot guyz/gals if there are..
i just need to get a new mb..
but im gonna ask..
how far can u push a AXIA 1ghz with the stepping 2?

just over 1450 here.

But trance bear seems to have his cranked up to 1.55

Which is about the limit i'd guess in terms of non moded board and air coolin

TranceBear said:
OK, hold on, do you have the KT-133-a chipset?, if not, sorry you cannot overclock. If so, what are you doing to lower temps? Of course you know this is the first step in overclocking. If you have skipped this step, then Atlon keychain away!!!

This is not correct , I had the regular kt 133 chipset , not the (a) and I had my axia at 1366 forever till I got a new mb , 13x109 I think was the best I could do ,the none a chipset maxes out at like 112 fsb, I mean yes it will go higher but none of your devices can handle it , mine would do 1400 but not totally stable on the board.
wildone

Thnx again pplz, just wondering people with the 1ghz chip did you get the multiplyer unlocked?

Back