• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

How do YOU pronounce Abit?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

100mbHD

Ive heard many people call Abit by 2 different names.

1.) Ay - bit where the A in the word sounds just like the A in the alphabet.

2.) a - bit where the A sounds like the A in the word apple.

How do you pronounce this companies name?

Ay-bit as well...

What about the pronunciation of Asus..

(1) Asus with the a as in apple...
(2) Asus like ay-sus

I say ay-sus and ay-bit. I don't really think it matters as long as the person you're talking to knows which company you're talking about, though. The two names are so distinct that it would be hard to confuse them with any other company.

true, but its kinda funny when I talk to my friend about abit. I would say it one way, and he would say it the other. so now when i talk to him about it, I say "ay-bit, a-bit, whatever"

AY on both from me.

BTW, how is linux said? li as in line or li as in len. That's the one that has been bothering me :)

Hmmm, alright.

I say a-bit and A-sus

I have to wonder though...

1)A-sus
2)a-sus
3)A-soos
4)a-soos

To make this simple, capitol letter means pronounced like in the alphabet, the non-capitol means the other form of it (sorry, it's early for me).

it looks like everyone pronounces it differently. Hopefully that email that man_utd sent will clarify things up

Mortis03 said:
AY on both from me.

BTW, how is linux said? li as in line or li as in len. That's the one that has been bothering me :)

I say Lin as in lindenberg lin-ux.

Back