• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Is this a good 22inch CRT?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigdaddyTank

I been wanting a good crt for gaming (doom3) and am getting a 6800GT in the next couple weeks. I have a couple Dell LCD's 17 and a 18 inch and really like them but wanted something for killer gaming. I searched through the threads here and found lots of info but would like to know from someone who has this monitor NEC/Mitsubishi FP2141SB-BK 22" How would this compare to the NEC 19" Crt's?

I just got the NEC 2141 (exact same as the Mitsubishi 2070) from Dell on Friday and its absolutely awesome. Gotta love Dell sending coupon codes via email since they sent me a 25% off coupon. So 25% off and free ground shipping made the monitor only 494.96 plus tax since Dell has retail stores in my state. Only they somehow sent it to me two day air instead of ground which was even better! The naviset software that allows you to adjust the monitor settings without dealing with the buttons on the monitor is awesome and very easy to use. You will absolutely love your new monitor.

Cool thanks! I ended up getting mine from Dell also, same thing, had a coupon and free shipping! I cant wait to get it now :)

Those are all great monitors. I've only run NEC/Mitsubishi monitors off my computers for the longest time. I'm in the process of maybe buying a new 19" NEC LCD panel for my computer as well, but havent really convinced myself to spend the money yet when I have a perfectly usable 22" CRT chillin on my desk.

It's a truly ownage monitor. I've used the 19" version, and they are exceptionally crisp (though no CRT is ever perfect in that regard). You should be able to do some qualty 1600x1200 gaming on that bad boy. :)

To get the coupons go to Dell's website and sign up for their free email updates. They arent going to send you a coupon right away but they do send out emails around once every week. Sometimes those emails come with coupon codes which you can use for the savings. You can also go to http://www.fatwallet.com/c/64/ which is a forum where people list their Dell email codes that they arent planning to use.

Didnt know that, bummer, Here I thought I was special because I spent money with them ;)
Thanks for the info, I have a few friends I'm passing that along to.

WOW you want to talk about fast! I ordered the monitor on Monday morning. The DHL guy showed up today with it :cool:
all I can say is :drool: This thing is great! I dont know why I have not gotten one sooner.

Back