• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EMIII problem

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Barnstormer

My home system monitors the FAH console (local) and one on another system on my home network. The problem is, if I restart my main system, EMIII "loses" the console on the other system. The only way to get it back is to delete the "box" and re-make the connection in EMIII. Then it works great until I restart again.
Any ideas?
B.

you can double click the little monitor (it should be red if it lost the connection) and it will re-establish a connection with that box

It sounds to me like the other box is maybe windows 2k, same problem happens with me on my other 2 win2ks. Every time you turn on your computer, go through network neighborhood and open the FAH folder (for me i have to type in administrator + password, you might have to also)

Karbon said:
It sounds to me like the other box is maybe windows 2k, same problem happens with me on my other 2 win2ks. Every time you turn on your computer, go through network neighborhood and open the FAH folder (for me i have to type in administrator + password, you might have to also)

it happens to me and i use XP. i think EMIII just doesn't auto check for the connection.

It has nothing to do with the program, it has to do with the OS on the other PC. On some you have to login on the other pc to be able to access shared folders.

But i do agree that FAHlogstats is really nice

I can never get the EMIII to monitor my boxes. I gotta go to each rig and check it thru it's own monitor :rolleyes: . Nice proggy, just wish i can get it to work to monitor all my rigz thru my main. Using WinXp Pro.

Nebulous said:
I can never get the EMIII to monitor my boxes. I gotta go to each rig and check it thru it's own monitor :rolleyes: . Nice proggy, just wish i can get it to work to monitor all my rigz thru my main. Using WinXp Pro.
did you set your folding folder to be shared?

stan03 said:
did you set your folding folder to be shared?

Yep. I tried just about evrything. best i can monitor them thru my main is with the remote desktop connection. I can see them that way ( indivdually), but not all in 1 EMIII window on my main. I really don't mind, just it's a pain in the arse jumping from screen to screen to see them.

Correct that the second rig is running NT, and has an issue with passwords, etc. Gonna run xp on it soon, we'll see if that fixes it
Thanks for the replies
B.

stan03 said:
it happens to me and i use XP. i think EMIII just doesn't auto check for the connection.

im talking about the other computer on the network, the OS that it has

Back