• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Pb with Windows 2000 Pro Installation and P3V4X

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kazimodo

Hi All,

I try to install Windows 2000 Pro on my P3V4X and it fail.
After files copy on my HDD and reboot, installation start and 5 sec later, I've a Dos black screen.

I try 3 times and it crash 3 times.

I've a Tekram DC390F controler and 3 IBM SCSI Drive (with latest bios and firmware).

Can you help me?

Thks,

Kaz

At some point during initial setup, Win2k gives you a few seconds to press some key (I don't remember exactly which one) in case you need to install a third-party storage controller like your Tekram. You need to do this, otherwise after the first reboot Win2k-setup cannot access your HDD's anymore, resulting in your DOD screen. You should have a NT/2000pro driver floppy with your Tekram card.

Hi Lancelot,

I try to use specific Tekram ASPI driver and Win2K Driver during install : same pb :(

I think it's a bug with P3V4X and VIA 133ProA...

Thks for your answer...

Kaz from France

Win2K install

thks Crystal, I'll try to install Win2K with an IDE drive, take a picture of the partition with Norton Ghost and deploy it on my SCII HDD...

You might want to try a traditional install, as I may be wrong. Just to see if everything goes smoothly. It would rule out a lot of things, especially if you install first and then add cards in one by one.

Back