• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

300MHz FSB on any AXP even possible?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Silent Frog

In my A7N8X-E it goes right upto 300fsb, I'm only running 146 with my locked Palomino atm. But would it even be possible, like with a mobile chip or something? Like you would prolly need nice RAM and a multiplier of 7.5 or something. If I had money for good RAM and my new mobile I would try it, but I can't get new RAM, stuck with Kingston PC-2700.
So, anyone ever done this before?

I think most of the "overclockable" NFII boards go upto 300Mhz. The highest I've ever seen is a 265MHz screenie...can't recall if it was stable or not. Both my DFI UI and LanParty go upto 300Mhz in bios but the good RAM is in the UI as the LP is revAand won't do much past 213Mhz :(. Check sig ;).

i have seen a DFI at 280 PRIMESTABLE, at i think it was 289fsb DC benchable, and 295 SC benchable.

he has some Vmods that i have never seen any other DFI user have...

check out his board here

Last edited:
Nope! I have seen some l337 warez doOdz get to about 280 with some pc4200+ but that is rare and they are probably putting 2.2v through it. All on ln2 cooling using dfi (that thing overclocks sooo well).

Wow, thats alot to do for a bit more FSB jess1313... But I guess some ppl are real OC'ing freaks! I wonder where he found out what all the pins and components are and do... Nice mobo, me want one! :D

It's possible. Lower the mult, get some phase change on the north bridge, PC4400 Ram. It's just no one is gonna do it with an AXP anymore, if you got the money to do all that then they just grab A64s or P4s and oc them.

Back