• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Strange Network Behavior Intel PRO/100 VE (1.4gbps??)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ziggo0

Howdy all,
My laptop gets stranger everyday, and im not understanding why its doing this. Well i first started to notice the network connection acting strange when its been running, then all the sudden, Network Cable Unplugged (House Network), then all of a sudden, Network Cable Plugged In (House Network) 100mbps. My LAN card has been doing that more and more offten. Also i just had its network cable unplugged, i plugged it back in, then all of a sudden, Network Cable Plugged In (1.4 gbps). 1. My network is not giga bit ethernet. 2. It is a crossover cable between my computer and laptop (both cards being 10/100.

Screeny 1
(It just disconnected and reconnected again :mad: )
wtf1.jpg

Screeny 2
wtf2.jpg

This is really making me mad :( I cant be on irc for to long, when it disconnects it will disconnect and it reconnects...over...and over... and over...

Toshiba A15-S129
Intel Celeron 2.4ghz
1x256 PC 2100 DDR
Some motherboard by Toshiba
Intel 82852/82855 GM/GME Intergrated Graphics (or known as Intel Extreme Graphics) 16-64mb
Intel PRO/100 VE Network Adapter
Windows XP Pro SP1 w/ all updates

Anyone have suggestions, ideas?

Not a cable issue. Make sure the drivers are properly installed, ie do it again with the latest drivers.

I will check back on this at work, I've seen this problem before... I will let you know what I find out tomorow. I'm thinking I remember something about wireless configuration and conflicts.

do you have the connections bridged on purpose?

i hate how xp automatically assumes that you want connections bridged. what other network devices do you have on the machine?

Back