• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

FEATURED Water Cooled Banchetto I7 2600k build

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Almost ready to fire it up for the first time.

DSC_3080.jpg

DSC_3083.jpg

Fired it up and it's purring along. Testing performance of OSX Lion on VM Ware.

DSC_3121.jpg

Here is where it sits now. Now that part of it is done it's time to clean up the mess.

DSC_3120.jpg

Waiting for the HDMI coupler so I can hook up my hdmi cable to mini hdmi. For now I tested it by moving the whole setup to the TV. Hooks up straight to the receiver. 73 inch of windows desktop. :)

DSC_3139.jpg

Stress testing the processor at 99% usage with a conservative overclock to 4. Ripped DVD in under 20 minutes outputting the file through the network to the 10TB NAS. Processor temp stays around 50 and dropped straight down to under 30 when done.

rippingdvd2.jpg

No reason it can't be run 24/7, unless you drop something onto the components or have cats that like to curl up on it. Little air duster would take care of the rest. :thup:

^ I couldnt have a bench rig, my kitty would rub his face on all the heat sinks haha

And I spy a HD-DVD player xD

How does cooling compare to an enclosed case? I'd assume it's worse since there are no fans. Also, can dust build up on the mobo and damage it? Seems like a lot of upkeep as a gaming rig?

It looks awesome though.

^ I couldnt have a bench rig, my kitty would rub his face on all the heat sinks haha

And I spy a HD-DVD player xD

You are right :).

How does cooling compare to an enclosed case? I'd assume it's worse since there are no fans. Also, can dust build up on the mobo and damage it? Seems like a lot of upkeep as a gaming rig?

It looks awesome though.

IMO It would run cooler since it's sucking fresh air in through the built in fan.

It's easy to work on and as far as cleaning I would just get a can of compressed air and blow over it every once in a while.

Here are some night pics. Need to work on some wire management though. I think I might eventually go the Xigmatek Elysium case.

DSC_3548.jpg

DSC_3550.jpg

DSC_3551.jpg

The setup in it's new home after testing parts on banchetto. Tower is the Xigmatek Elysium. Working on the wiring and then re-doing the tubing.

elysium2.jpg

elysium3.jpg

elysium1.jpg

you have no idea how long it took me to notice there was no tubing in there ;) and ive seen that case around e-tailers, how do you like it? i quite like the look of it myself.

I really like it but this thing is a MONSTER. It's huge which is really the main reason I got it since the Banchetto left me with very limited space for hard drive addition.I will definitely continue to use the Banchetto to test out components and design the system before moving it over to a case. It's very convenient for troubleshooting components as well.

DSC_3563.JPG

DSC_3562.JPG

Back