• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Seen the new Western Digital Caviar in BLACK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

3rdRocl

Registered
Im not sure ive seen any black hard drives before but I think it looks quite sexy. It doesnt seem like a good idea from a cooling POV though.

Attachments

• Westen b.jpg
    Westen b.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 219
Welcome to the Forums!

I've seen a number of black WDs over the years. Unless you are leaving it in sunlight, it will radiate well.

probably aimed at people with black cases, or people who want to make their HDs less noticeable aesthetically. or maybe they just had some extra rustoleum around... I know if my wavemaster was black i would really really really want one. I mean who wants to look into a side panel and see a hard drive? borrrrrring!

wow i think i spelled at least 2 words wrong there

welcome welcome welcome!

One of the first hard drives I had, a 450mb Samsung I believe, was black and very reminicent of that WD It still didn't look as cool as this 10 gig Fujitsu I had, black on the outside borders, silver the rest. Too bad the overall drive itself was piece of crap. :-/ ;)

Aslan said:
One of the first hard drives I had, a 450mb Samsung I believe, was black and very reminicent of that WD It still didn't look as cool as this 10 gig Fujitsu I had, black on the outside borders, silver the rest. Too bad the overall drive itself was piece of crap. :-/ ;)

how bout this one?

haha

Attachments

• 7-16-04 122 (Small).jpg
    7-16-04 122 (Small).jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 127
I just opened the WD1200JB I got from Circuit City the other day and it's black! Sweet!

Back