• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lan drivers?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

VortexTk

Registered
I have a 648FX-A ecs motherboard, http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWeb/Products/ProductsDetail.aspx?DetailID=323&MenuID=22&LanID=0 , the thing is, drivers off the site don't work for the lan. Nothing happens after using setup, and after choosing the windows 2000 drivers, thats the OS on the comp, it says it couldnt find the drivers. Whats up? The drivers says realtek8139, but on the site for the motherboard in it's specifications it says "Realtek RTL8201BL 10/100 Mbps Fast Ethernet PHY". Why is it different?

Ok so, going to the realtek site, this is what I see:

"The Ethernet hardware consists of two parts: a PHY chip, and a MAC chip. It's the MAC chip that requires the drivers. RTL8201x is a PHY only chip which does NOT need any driver at all. If you have RTL8201x in your computer system, there must be another MAC chip in the system too. Most likely, the MAC chip is embedded in the chipset. Please contact the board or computer provider to find out which MAC chip is in your system and how to get the drivers for it."

So what do I do? The motherboard didn't come with a cd, and the site has nothing else to help me with this.

Back