• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Gigabyte GA- Z170x Gaming 7 Rev. 1.0 audio fixed!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Alaric

I've had audio problems with the board from day one. I couldn't use the rear audio port due to a loud hum and weak signal, both on the left channel. I used the front headphone port and it looked like crap with the cord running around to the amplifier, and didn't sound all that great. I tried reflashing the BIOS, and changing to several updated BIOS and reinstalling the drivers. I updated the drivers from Giga's site once, and nothing fixed it. I figured an RMA was in my future. Less than a month after the driver update from Giga, they released another one, version 1.00.09_1.03.24. Problem solved. Rear port works fine and the audio sounds much, much better. It wrecks the Realtek chips I've heard. The Creative chip is easily the best sounding computer audio I've heard. As a bonus, the op amp is easily replaceable, allowing even more latitude in dialing in the sound quality.

If you're having audio problems with the Creative chip in your Gigabyte mobo go to their support website here http://www.gigabyte.us/Support/Motherboard and see if the new drivers help. I love my motherboard again, since the audio quality was one of the reasons I picked it.

Eventually I'll get a decent DAC, but until then I'm pretty happy with the Sound Blaster chip on the board. It easily out performs the Realteks.

Back