• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

PC crash/blue screen problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kovrob13

Hello fellow PC users

I've been having this problem for a while: sometimes randomly everything just freezes one by one, then it ends up getting me to critical_process_died blue screen. Sometimes it happens after having my PC on for 20 hours, sometimes after 10 minutes. When I'm in game some of the visual/sound effects disappear, then the game freezes. Chrome runs fine one page, and when I try to open a new one it doesnt load and the browser freezes. I can still use discord while this is happening, people can hear me talking.
Sometimes the blue screen message is unexpected_store_exception

I tried:memtest - says 0 errors

clean windows reinstall - from microsoft site, activated

disk check doesnt show anything, the softwares I tried says its in good condition

all my drivers are updated

nothing is above ~55 °C, I dont think it should be overheating

My specs are :
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-8100 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 2x8 Gb DDR4 ram : Aegis DDR4 F4-3000C16S-8GISB Gskill - both of my 8 gb sticks are this type.
Motherboard: Asus H310M-K
PSU: Koling KL-400 80 plus bronze
1 HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100
1 SSD : Kingston SA400S37480G - 2 partitions

Could someone help me identify the cause of my issues? Thank you very much

PSU: Koling KL-400 80 plus bronze
This is where I would look. Never heard of that brand and I'm assuming it's a potato.

Although it is listed as a 400w unit, it can only output 288W on the 12v rail... seems like an old design on top of being an unknown cheap unit.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/kolink-kl-400-400w-80-plus-bronze-internals.18701754/
KL-400 would be certain failure.
Question is only about if there's something else which fails even before primary rectifier.
Because that would struggle to deliver even 300W to load at US mains voltage, more likely 250W with needed temperature derating.
https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/posts/31689683

Edit: are you in the US???

Last edited:
Ok.. still I would see if you can use a known good PSU with appropriate wattage (500W) and see if that prevents the issues.

Back